New Driver Training Courses – Driving school
- In-Class: 20 hours in-class theory (Cooperative Driving) complemented by hands-on simulation
- In-Vehicle: 10 hours one-on-one in-car training
- HomeLink: Online interactive learning modules
- Blended learning environment which is highly interactive to achieve maximum learning retention
- Highly trained, qualified and experienced instructional staff – leaders in the industry
- Up to the maximum insurance reduction
- Graduates are eligible to take their road test at 8 months instead of 12
Basic novice training course of 40 hours $734.51
- ALL-IN-PRICING (no hidden charges for SD cards, Driver’s Handbooks, credit card use, make-up missed in-class, re-write in-class tests. No extra charge for pick ups on outskirts of town, etc. and we do NOT video tape our students for promotion and amusement)
Students Are Taught:
- RULES AND LAWS OF THE ROADS – INCLUDING COMMONLY MISUNDERSTOOD LAWS AND SIGNS
- CONSEQUENCES OF IMPAIRED DRIVING – ALCOHOL AND TEXTING, ETC.
- PROPER VISUAL SCANNING TO SPOT AND SOLVE POTENTIAL HAZARDS
- MANAGING SPACE AROUND YOUR VEHICLE EFFECTIVELY
- HIGHWAY/FREEWAY PROBLEMS, EMERGENCIES AND RAMPS
- MANAGING RISK AT INTERSECTIONS
- PARKING SKILLS – PARALLEL PARKING, 3 POINT TURNS, HILL PARKING, STALL PARKING, ETC.
- ONE WAY STREETS
- BRAKING TECHNIQUES (ABS AND THRESHOLD)
- GRAVEL ROAD DRIVING – GRAVEL SHOULDER RECOVERY
- ADVERSE WEATHER CONDITIONS – BEST TAUGHT ALL YEAR ROUND ON THE SIMULATOR
- COOPERATIVE DRIVING – RECOGNIZE OTHER DRIVERS MAKE MISTAKES – LESS PRONE TO ‘ROAD RAGE’.
- PYLON MANEUVERS (OPTIONAL IN-CAR LESSON)
WHAT IS COOPERATIVE DRIVER TRAINING ?
DriveWise teaches using an unique approach – we call it COOPERATIVE DRIVING. We teach about having a good attitude that does not judge other drivers for their errors bringing about a better driver who is less prone to experience road rage and aggressive driving. We need to work together on the roads to make it home safely every day. We suggest you review student comments and instructor attitudes in any course you are looking at taking. We don’t need more aggressive drivers.